Please support CARY’s work with Austin area’s highest-needs students
CARY is unique in that we specifically work with students at the greatest risk of entering the juvenile justice system. This is identified through involvement in the school discipline system. The average CARY students come from socioeconomically disadvantaged neighborhoods, single-parent homes, and cultures of hardship, often resulting in maladaptive behaviors based on survival and antisocial tendencies. Students such as these are more likely to face more severe punishments at school than their white, upper-middle-class counterparts. Statistically, this increases their potential involvement in the juvenile justice system and eventually the adult judicial system. CARY aims to disrupt this cycle through positive adult relationships, group counseling, and individual mentorship. CARY is currently serving 1200 students in 12 schools across the Austin area. With your support, these students and countless more can overcome their barriers and build the confidence to succeed.
- A gift of $750 funds one year of Aggression Replacement Training (ART) for one at-risk youth
- $500 funds six months of ART training for one at-risk youth
- $250 funds three months of ART training for one at-risk youth
- $100 will pay for PeaceRox Graduation & Reception at one school
- $50 helps send kids on enrichment field trips
Please consider a generous donation… and thanks for helping our students succeed.